Friday, December 21, 2012

List Making Mania

-->
I have never done this; however something about the end of the world makes me want to waist a few hours joining the blogosphere for list-making mania.

If you’re an active Internetian, sifting through all your favorite hella trendy hipster blogs and websites you’ll find a cacophony of top “_____” lists of “_____” stuff. This could mean top ten albums, top ten cry your eyes out and stab your self in the chest from boredom indie movies, top 20 books of the year, top one billion most embarrassing political moments, and so on.

It all depends on your fancy. Well, I’ve decided to offer a few of my own top “____” list. I’ve always liked top “___” lists; it allows me to be lazy. I think its time that I stop abusing my Internet privileges and contribute to the top “____” lists ever of the year mania! So here’s to you.


List of Top 4 Lists of Top Albums of the Year. 

1. NPR's Listener Picks.

I think this is my favorite list. I don't really agree with the numerical rating of each band but I think this list has a much better feel for what was actually popular this year. 

2. Under the Radar Mag's Writers Lists. 

This list makes me feel cool. Under the Radar is where I go when I need to not douse, but straight-up marinade myself in cultural cool––to be honest I don't know why I'd ever want to "marinade" myself in cultural cool, but sometimes you just wanna feel hipster.

3. Relevant Mag.

Relevant has never let me down, this year it did a bit. I like this list though because it includes one of my favorite albums of the year that I knew wouldn't make it anywhere it else.
  
4. Salt Lake's Own: City Weekly Top 12 of 12.

This is a great list, truly. This is a list that every local should check out because it reminds us how truly wonderful SLC is, the music community may seem small, but it can at times be lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, keep it clean and if things get touchy direct your animosity at me, no one else needs that.

-Jonny